"School nursing, a specialized practice of public health nursing, protects and promotes student health, facilitates normal development, and advances academic success. School nurses, grounded in ethical and evidence-based practice, are the leaders that bridge health care and education, provide care coordination, advocate for quality student-centered care, and collaborate to design systems that allow individuals and communities to develop their full potentials."
This definition was adopted at the National Association of School Nurses Board of Directors meeting in Providence, Rhode Island in June 1999.
All of the nurses at Olentangy Local Schools are certified CPR instructors.
NURSING SERVICES PROVIDED
- Health Screenings
- Health Education
- Daily medical treatments
- Daily medication administration
- Participate with Intervention Assistance Team
- Creation of Individual Health Plans
- Health resource for staff and students
- Review/documentation of immunizations