Seniors: Class of 2019
May 13 Senior Awards Night (by invitation only) 7PM - OOHS Theater
May 14 Last day of Classes for Seniors
May 15 Senior Exams (as assigned by the teacher)
May 15 Class Photo (approx. 11:40am) and Clap out (approx. 11:45am)
May 16 Senior Picnic - 11am - 2pm at Pioneer Field
May 17 Graduation Rehearsal @ 10am - Grace Bretheran Church of Powell
May 19 Graduation at The Ohio State University Jerome Schottenstein Center @ 4pm ( Seniors arrive by 3pm)
GRADUATION REHEARSAL - May 17 @ 10am
- Mandatory Graduation Rehearsal (AP Mircro and AP Computer Science students excused)
- Grace Brethren Church in Powell - 7600 Liberty Road North - Driving instructions
- Students should arrive for rehearsal by 9:45am
- Rehearsal starts promptly at 10am
- Students are encourgaged to car pool because of limited parking at the church
INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE DAY OF GRADUATION - MAY 19
PARENT GUIDE TO GRADUATION AT THE SCHOTTENSTEIN CENTER (includes a map of venue and F.A.Q.'s)
ARRIVAL AND PARKING
- Plan to arrive at the Jerome Schottenstein Center by 3:00pm. Graduates should enter at the Northwest Rotunda. OSU Greeters will direct you to the lineup location. Counselors and administrators will be taking attendance.
- EXPECT HEAVY TRAFFIC ON GRADUATION DAY! Give yourself enough time to arrive at the commencement ceremony venue. Please allow for plenty of travel time due to anticipated traffic congestion in and around The Ohio State University.
- At Graduation Rehearsal on May 17th at 10:00am students will receive two Parking Passes for graduation day parking. You are to utilize one of the parking passes for the graduate and the second for family. Parking for all others at OSU is at the university’s regular rate per vehicle.
- Please allow time to pass through OSU Security entrances. Large bags and backpacks are not permitted. To present a safe event for everyone, jackets and bags may be searched upon entry. Refusal of search procedures may result in being denied entry into the venue.
- Tickets are not required to attend the graduation ceremony. Olentangy Orange High School does not limit the number of guests that you can invite. Seating is available on a first-come, first served basis. Ample handicap seating is available within the arena for those family members with limited mobility.
- Anticipated run time for the ceremony is two hours.
- On stage, graduates will receive a blank diploma holder. Graduates will pick up their diploma in an envelope behind the stage at the conclusion of the ceremony and recessional. This important envelope includes your diploma and other valuable information. Upon envelope pick up, graduates will move immediately out through the stairwell to the Northeast Rotunda to meet their family and greet friends.
- If you have unpaid fees, lost or damaged books, equipment or uniforms, please return them to Orange High School, or pay in full. Payment of unpaid fees, lost or damaged books, equipment or uniforms must be made by May 1, in order for you to receive your diploma. If your fees are unpaid, your diploma will not be on the Commencement Ceremony premises.
- If your behavior is inappropriate, your diploma will be held until disciplinary action has been taken and fulfilled.
- NO VISITORS PERMITTED ON/IN THE STAGE AREA or ARENA FLOOR AT THE SCHOTTENSTEIN CENTER DURING THE GRADUATION CEREMONY OR IN THE DIPLOMA PICK UP AREA.
- The graduates will exit through the Northeast Rotunda. Families are strongly encouraged to prearrange a meeting spot outside the Schottenstein Center to meet up with their graduates.
PHOTOGRAPHY AND VIDEO RECORDING
- HR Imaging will be taking photographs of each graduate as they receive their diploma. You can view the photos and order prints from HR Imaging by going to shop.hrimaging.com.
- We ask that guests keep the aisles clear. Please do not place tripods in the walkways and refrain from standing in the aisles.
CLOTHING AND KEYS
- Please heed the dress code below for the graduation ceremony.
- Men – Dress pants (no blue jeans), shirt and tie, dress shoes and socks
- Women – Dress, skirt/blouse or dress slacks (white dress suggested- no blue jeans), dress shoes
- Both men and women will also wear their graduation gown and cap (tassel on right side). No decorations may be placed on caps or gowns. Only OOHS issued honor cords and stoles may be worn! If you do not follow these directions, you will not be permitted to participate in the graduation ceremony.
- No phones or keys on stage.
EXITING THE VENUE
- Please follow signs and directions for exiting the OSU parking lots at the conclusion of graduation.
- Be mindful of the pedestrian and traffic when leaving. Your patience upon exiting is appreciated.