The Community Safety Committee is a district-wide committee consisting of representatives from Olentangy Schools' administration, different state and county first responder divisions as well as safety professionals and community members/parents. The committee's mission is to collaborate on emergency management strategies and initiatives designed to enhance preparedness and improve the district’s ability to respond to all threats.
This committee will analyze emergency management initiatives and evaluate their effectiveness for emergency preparedness, response, recovery, and mitigation at Olentangy Schools.
The committee is responsible for:
- Continuously analyzing all risks which expose the district to the potential for disruption of its activities such as natural, technological, or human-caused or others (e.g., pandemic, loss of research data, equipment failure, active shooter, child abuse prevention)
- Assisting in the development of emergency preparedness and response plans
- Reviewing annually existing emergency management policies and procedures, and recommending changes to insure continued district preparedness
- Review emergency responses and drills for failures
- Developing training curricula and facilitating presentations of curriculum to all concerned
- Ensure the safety of all our students and employees by consistently monitoring the best available practices
- Seek safety recommendations from Principals, Facilities Director, safety professionals and other qualified staff in order to maintain the best possible safety practices.
- Appropriate strategies and programs that will provide or maintain a high level of school safety and address the district’s procedures for complying with existing laws related to school safety.
The following areas are represented on the Community Safety Committee:
- Safety/Risk Management Professionals
- Sheriff’s Department
- Facilities Department
- Information Technology Services
- Human Resources
- Community Members