Welcome to OASIS
What is OASIS?
OASIS is a unique, online, student-centered educational program for families who need a different option than the traditional school setting.With over 120 combined years of experience, OASIS teachers bring a broad range of perspectives on inclusivity to the classroom.The program gives students experiencing academic and non academic barriers such as bullying, anxiety, trauma, and gender/identity concern a place to succeed and belong.
Who is OASIS?
All kinds of students! There is no “typical” OASIS student as people need OASIS for very different reasons.
Staff include full time Olentangy teachers, a mental health counselor, a principal, and a secretary.
When does the OASIS program operate?
- 8 am – 12 pm following the Olentangy school calendar
- 12pm - 2 pm teachers have scheduled virtual student support and attend meeting
- Students are bused from home to OASIS then back home or to their home school
- A 15 minute break and 30 minute lunch are included daily
Where is OASIS?
OASIS is located in two buildings behind Shanahan Middle School by the baseball field. See map above.
The address is 814 Shanahan Rd, Lewis Center, Ohio 43035. This address is the same as Shanahan Middle School, putting it in your phone will take you to the wrong side of Shanahan.
If I'm interested in OASIS for my student, what is the next step?
1. You need a referral from your child’s school counselor.2. Contact Carrie Ahmed at email@example.com or by phone at 740-657-4331.3. Set up a time to take a tour.