Olentangy Y Club
Before- and After-School Care/Kindergarten Enrichment Programs (formerly known as the Latchkey Program)
The YMCA has over 20 years of experience providing quality, licensed school-age child care for Olentangy families.
At the YMCA, we believe the values and skills learned early on are vital building blocks for quality of life. With so many demands on working families, parents need to know their children are in a safe, nurturing environment before and after school. We’re proud to be central Ohio’s largest child care provider and to play an integral role in serving the needs of Olentangy families.
Our Y Club programs are located within all 15 Olentangy Local elementary schools and operate from 7 a.m. through the school start time and after school through 6 p.m., Monday-Friday on school days.
- Our highly qualified staff participate in extensive training and professional development including Child Abuse Prevention, CPR & First Aid
- We provide care year round. On-site care provided during all school days. Care is provided on school breaks and snow days at the Liberty YMCA for an additional fee.
- Our programs are centered around the YMCA’s core values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility
- We will engage the children in an Active Science Program combining physical activity with a mission on the Active Science app recording and evaluating their activity
- We offer homework assistance
- We keep kids interested while having fun with our imaginative academic activities
- We encourage and model healthy eating habits, physical activity, and provide nutritious snacks
- We focus on helping and improving literacy
- All sites have implemented the After Care Upgrade Standards set by the YMCA of the USA
Full Day Kindergarten Enrichment Opportunities
Our Kindergarten programs are located at Grace Church, right next door to the Liberty Twp./Powell YMCA at 7600 Liberty Rd
Kindergarten programs for 2018-2019 school year:
- Kindergarten Plus
(non-kindergarten school days) Monday - Friday 7 a.m. - 3 p.m.
- Kindergarten Plus After Care
(non-kindergarten school days) Monday - Friday 3 p.m.- 6 p.m.
Academic Enrichment focuses on Literacy and Math, the Arts and Y Kids Are Fit. Plus FREE Swimming Lessons at the YMCA are included in the Kindergarten Plus program.
Kindergarten Plus Staff are well-educated and carefully selected teachers who encourage students to reach their potential and explore their interests. The K+ Site Coordinator is a certified teacher with a Bachelor’s Degree in Education. Our K+ program staff has a Bachelor Degree including coursework in Early Education and Child Development.