Now Hiring Bus Drivers
Getting students to school safe, on time, and ready to learn is what we do. Olentangy Schools bus drivers work tirelessly to ensure peace of mind to those who entrust their children to us. We are currently hiring full-time and substitute school bus drivers. Join our award-winning team!
classified interview dayS
Olentangy Administrative Offices
7840 Graphics Way
Lewis Center, OH 43035
Wednesday, February 7, 2024 from 12-2 PM
Wednesday, March 6, 2024 from 9-11 AM
- Full-time pay rate is $23.24-$34.07 per hour based on years of experience.
- Full-time is 5-6 hours per day and includes Medical, Vision and Dental benefits
- Trainee and substitute pay rate is $22.20 per hour.
- Training. All new drivers are trained by our qualified on-board instructors to obtain a commercial driver's license (CDL), obtain related driver endorsements and learn our district policies and procedures.
- Earn while you learn. Through our paid training program, new driver trainees will be paid during training on a regular pay schedule including the summer months. The district will also pay for physicals, pre-service classes and background checks.
- Bonus potential. At the completion of one full year of service, a $300 bonus is paid to all school bus drivers holding a CDL license.
- Work in a fun and rewarding environment. Olentangy Schools is a destination district for educators, support staff and families who demonstrate a commitment to academic excellence for all. We all share in the same mission, vision and values and foster an environment that enables students and staff to achieve their goals. We are “One Olentangy” and our transportation team works to fulfill that promise daily.
- We care about you. We provide our drivers with a tremendous amount of support and make your safety, as well as the safety of your passengers, a top priority. We work in modern facilities, drive up-to-date vehicles and have two full-time positions dedicated to supporting student safety.
- Flexible schedules. Drivers can opt for a full-time or substitute role and have summers off.
- No experience necessary
- Must have a valid driver's license and clean driving record
- Must be 21 years of age
- Must pass a background check and DOT physical