- Special Education Information about Standards-Based IEP’s, Special Education Mediation Procedures and more.
- Giving a voice to parents and children dealing with life's challenges; info about legislative activities, parent mentors.
- Commonly known as "the extended standards." These standards help to ensure that students with significant cognitive disabilities are provided with multiple ways to learn and demonstrate knowledge. At the same time, the extended standards are designed to maintain the rigor and high expectations of Ohio’s Learning Standards.
- A resource for parents and educators focused on: school improvement, special education, early learning and school readiness and families.
- 2022 Directory of Colleges and Universities
- 2022 Family Resource Directory
- 2022 Summer Resource Directory
- Ohio Means Jobs can help guide your career search if you tell us a little more about yourself.
- The Ohio Operating Standards for the Education of Children with Disabilities identify the state requirements and federal Part B Individuals with Disabilities Education Improvement Act (IDEA) requirements that apply to the implementation of special education and related services to students with disabilities by school districts, county boards of developmental disabilities and other educational agencies.
- Selection, Use, and Evaluation of Accommodations that Support Instruction and Assessment of Children with Disabilities
- Support for individuals with developmental disabilities to help them achieve full inclusion to live, learn, play, work and participate in their communities.
- Resources for Essential IEP, Essential ETR, Post-Secondary Transition
- By: Office for Exceptional Children
- Increase well-being through access to learning, training, advocacy and support.
- A community that offers families one-stop shop to buy and sell gently used medical supplies, disability equipment and adaptive toys.
- For learning and attention issues.
- A center for parent information and resources.
- U.S. Department of Education
- Office of Special Education and Rehabilitative Services
- Coping with Disabilities – National Caregivers Library
- Medicare and Social Security Disability: Benefits for Disabled Individuals
- American Association on Health and Disability
- Disability Home Accommodation Cost Guide
- Disability and Health
- Fire Safety & Disabilities Guide
- The local affiliate of the Autism Society of America, a non-profit group of parents and professionals advocating for people with autism.
- Ohio Center for Autism and Low Incidence (OCALI) serves families, educators, and professionals working with students with autism and low-incidence disabilities, including autism spectrum disorders, multiple disabilities, orthopedic impairments, other health impairments, and traumatic brain injuries.
Resource for individuals with developmental disabilities and their families.
- Autism Resources for Families
- Sesame Street Autism Resources for Parents
- Reduce the Noise: Help Loved Ones with Sensory Overload Enjoy Shopping
- Creating a Home Where Your Child Can Thrive with a Disability
- CDC Autism Links and Resources
- Estate Planning for Parents of Special Needs Kids
- Operation Autism for Military Families
- Moving with Special Needs Kids
- Temple Grandin's Teaching Tips
- CHADD (Children and Adults with Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder) is a non-profit organization that provides education and support for those whose lives are impacted by ADHD.
- Prepared by American Academy of Child & Adolescent Psychiatry
The Down Syndrome Association of Central Ohio is a local non-profit organization that provides support to families, promotes community involvement, and encourages a lifetime of opportunities for people with Down syndrome.
- A dyslexia network designed to connect parents and students.
- A useful online resource for dyslexic students.
- Prepared by The National Center for Learning Disabilities