Ohio Department of Education
- Special Education Information about Standards-Based IEP’s, Special Education Mediation Procedures and more.
Ohio Coalition for the Education of Children with Disabilities
- Giving a voice to parents and children dealing with life's challenges; info about legislative activities, parent mentors.
Special Testing Accommodations
Ohio’s Learning Standards – Extended (OLS-E)
- Commonly known as "the extended standards." These standards help to ensure that students with significant cognitive disabilities are provided with multiple ways to learn and demonstrate knowledge. At the same time, the extended standards are designed to maintain the rigor and high expectations of Ohio’s Learning Standards.
State Support Team 11
Ohio Means Jobs
- Ohio Means Jobs can help guide your career search if you tell us a little more about yourself.
Ohio Operating Standards
- The Ohio Operating Standards for the Education of Children with Disabilities identify the state requirements and federal Part B Individuals with Disabilities Education Improvement Act (IDEA) requirements that apply to the implementation of special education and related services to students with disabilities by school districts, county boards of developmental disabilities and other educational agencies.
Ohio Accommodations Manual
- Selection, Use, and Evaluation of Accommodations that Support Instruction and Assessment of Children with Disabilities
Delaware County Board of Developmental Disabilities
- Support for individuals with developmental disabilities to help them achieve full inclusion to live, learn, play, work and participate in their communities.
Red Tree House
- Increase well-being through access to learning, training, advocacy and support.
A Guide to Parents Rights in Special Education
Acronym List Used in Special Education (Bilingual)
- A community that offers families one-stop shop to buy and sell gently used medical supplies, disability equipment and adaptive toys.
- For learning and attention issues.
Parent Center Hub
ASA - Autism Society of America, Central Ohio Chapter
- The local affiliate of the Autism Society of America, a non-profit group of parents and professionals advocating for people with autism.
- Ohio Center for Autism and Low Incidence (OCALI) serves families, educators, and professionals working with students with autism and low-incidence disabilities, including autism spectrum disorders, multiple disabilities, orthopedic impairments, other health impairments, and traumatic brain injuries.
Resource for individuals with developmental disabilities and their families.
CHADD of Columbus
- CHADD (Children and Adults with Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder) is a non-profit organization that provides education and support for those whose lives are impacted by ADHD.
ADHD- A Guide for Families
- Prepared by American Academy of Child & Adolescent Psychiatry
The Down Syndrome Association of Central Ohio is a local non-profit organization that provides support to families, promotes community involvement, and encourages a lifetime of opportunities for people with Down syndrome.
Olentangy Dyslexia Network
- A dyslexia network designed to connect parents and students.
Maryville University Resources for Dyslexic Students
- A useful online resource for dyslexic students.
International Dyslexia Association- Central Ohio
International Dyslexia Association
An Overview of Executive Function
Executive Function 101 eBook
- Prepared by The National Center for Learning Disabilities