Curriculum and Instruction
OUR MISSION: To facilitate maximum learning for every student.
In order to fulfill the mission, Olentangy staff members embrace the model of professional learning and collaboration. We are engaged in continued discussion of the following questions as part of our professional collaboration and work to increase student achievement:
- What do we want students to know, understand, and be able to do in each course or curricular area?
- How do we best assess student learning for each course or curricular area?
- How do we help all students succeed?
- How do we help those students who learn what they need to know but may be capable of extending that learning even further?
One of the key components of professional learning is ongoing teacher collaboration and reflection focused on the goals of increasing student achievement and fostering College and Career Ready students. All professional development for the staff of Olentangy Local Schools is designed with that goal in mind. Teachers of all grade levels and departments meet regularly and engage in ongoing work around the Olentangy Foundations: curriculum, instruction, and assessment. This website has been developed as a resource to highlight the work that is being done by our staff and is part of our continuing efforts to involve and inform all of our stakeholders— staff, students, parents, and community members— as we work collaboratively to maximize learning for every student.
TESTING INFORMATION FOR PARENTS
ACCESSING ONLINE PRACTICE TESTS
Go to the Ohio's State Tests website then follow the steps listed below:
- Click on "Practice Tests", Click "Sign In" > Choose Grade Level from the dropdown > Select the test you need to take > Click "Select" > Click "Begin Test Now"
- Go to the Ohio's State Tests Resources web page to access the answer keys and other practice test information.
ODE RESOURCES FOR OHIO'S ASSESSMENTS
Dr. Jack Fette
Chief Academic Officer
Director of Curriculum
Phone: (740) 657-4055
Elementary Curriculum Assistant Director - Monica Brown
Secondary Curriculum Assistant Director - Kristin Bourdage, PhD
Academic Interventions Supervisor - Mindy Shultz
K-12 Gifted Supervisor - Erica Boone
Professional Learning Assistant Director - Nichole Crothers
Lisa Calabrese (740) 657-4059
Dawn Gellner (740) 657-4061