Olentangy Schools has launched a mobile app to help keep parents and students informed about the latest school news.
Parents and students can download the free "Olentangy Schools" app in the Apple App Store or Google Play. Once in the app, users can customize what they see by following a specific school, access digital resources and link to the district’s official social media accounts.
The free app also houses the district directory, calendar, the daily cafeteria menu, as well as the district Stay Safe, Speak Up! helpline. App users will also receive push notifications with important and timely information such as school closures and delays.
Download the app using the following steps:
1. On your smartphone, go to the Apple App Store or Google Play
2. Search for "Olentangy Schools"
3. Select our Olentangy Schools app for free download
4. Once downloaded, you can customize the app to only show content from the school(s) you want by selecting the "More" icon at the bottom of the screen then the "My Schools" icon at the top. From here, simply slide the off/on tab filter for your preferred school(s).
5. Once you've selected the school(s) you want to follow, navigate to Calendars using the icon at the bottom of the app. Then select "Filter" and pick the school(s) you would like to see calendar information for. Note: Only schools you opted to follow in "My Schools" will show in the filter.
6. Repeat the process above to select the school(s) you would like to see news for in the "Posts" section.
7. Ensure that you receive important announcements from the district, including school closings and delays, by selecting the "More" icon and then the 'Notifications" icon. From here, simply activate "Push Notifications' to keep up-to-date with calamity day announcements and more.
Important Note: Our new app replaces the former "Olentangy Local SD" app, which is no longer supported. Those who downloaded the former app should delete it and replace it with the new app.