2019-20 Kindergarten Screening Days
Please review the days below when scheduling your kindergarten registration. You must schedule your kindergarten registration appointment prior to your school's screening day.
ELEMENTARY SCHOOL KINDERGARTEN SCREENING DAYS
- Olentangy Meadows February 11-12 (M-T)
- Heritage March 5-6 (T-W)
- Glen Oak March 7-8 (Th-F)\
- Tyler Run March 7-8 (Th-F)
- Indian Springs March 13-14 (W-Th)
- Liberty Tree March 13-14 (W-Th)
- Freedom Trail March 19-20 (T-W)
- Arrowhead March 19-20 (T-W)
- Oak Creek April 2-3 (T-W)
- Scioto Ridge April 2-3 (T-W)
- Walnut Creek April 4-5 (Th-F)
- Wyandot Run April 4-5 (Th-F)
- Alum Creek April 11-12 (Th-F)
- Cheshire May 6-7 (M-T)
- Johnnycake Corners May 8-9 (W-Th)
When kindergarten students come to screening, they are given screenings for vision, speech, hearing and basic preschool skills. The results of these screenings help identify students’ needs so schools can be prepared to facilitate maximum learning for every student. The information is not used to identify which students are ready or not ready to attend kindergarten. The screening registration process takes approximately 45 minutes to one hour. The screenings are required by state law and are administered by school personnel.
If you miss the screening opportunity, the student will be assessed when school begins.