FAQs for Prospective OASIS Families
1. How do I enroll in OASIS? The parent and student should complete the OASIS Candidate Referral Form and return it to their home high school guidance counselor. If transitioning to OASIS is appropriate, the counselor will forward the finalized Referral Form to OASIS. This referral process includes reviewing the student’s needs, available room in the program, as well as other factor.
2. Tell me more about the program. Visit the OASIS website for more information or contact Carrie Ahmed, OASIS secretary at (740) 657-4331.
3. Are classes on online or do students come to you? Some students attend class at our location behind Shanahan Middle School, 814 Shanahan Road. Other students attend virtually.
4. What are the hours? Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. – 12 p.m.
5. Is busing provided? Yes, transportation is provided by the Olentangy Local School District. (OLSD)
6. Can we tour the facility before we decide? Yes, please call Carrie Ahmed at (740) 657-4331 to schedule a tour.
7. What kind of students attend OASIS? All kinds! For whatever reason they do not fit the typical student or do not do well in a traditional school setting. Some are athletes who travel due to their training schedules.
8. When students graduate do they get an OLSD (or certain high school) diploma? Yes, the degree is from the home high school at OLSD.
9. Can they walk with their class at graduation? Yes
10. Are the Apex courses rigorous – up to OLSD standards? Yes and they have one-on-one teacher help at OASIS and can progress as fast or as slowly as they need.
11. Does the OASIS curriculum align with state standards? Yes
12. Are your teachers certified Olentangy all employees? Yes