Journalism Teacher: Kari Phillips
The Frontier is an online parent newsletter. The sophomore journalism students produce the newsletter from scratch each month. If you have questions or story ideas, forward them to Kari Phillips.
The Courier is the high school monthly newsmagazine and news website created by the advanced newspaper journalism students.
Yearbook - Senior Ads
Senior parents - Celebrate your child's graduation by purchasing a senior ad in the 2019 yearbook. You can submit a baby photo, senior photo and a heartfelt message that commemorates your senior's time in school. The senior ad order form and size sheet are available on the school's website, will be passed out during homebase on Oct. 30 and right here. All senior ads will be purchased online! You will go to balfour.com and then search for the high school to buy them. Then to submit the photos and message for the ad, send them to email@example.com. The form describes the process.
The deadline for submission is Friday, March 1. Contact Kari Phillips with questions.
Make sure you buy your 2018-19 yearbook to see what's "Beneath the Surface" of Orange High School by the deadline, Friday, April 5! Go to balfour.com and search for Olentangy Orange High School in the top search bar. You can also refer to the link on the Pioneer Press each Friday, and the link will also appear on twitter. If you have questions about ordering, contact Mrs. Phillips in room 2222 or 2213. Seniors must select the "senior option" to avoid having to come to the school next fall, after graduation, to pick theirs up.Parents - Make sure you buy your child's 2019 yearbook before the Friday, April 5 deadline. Follow the instructions below to purchase yours online. You should also receive letters in the mail describing how to purchase one too.
1. Go to the Balfour website
2. In the search bar at the top, search for the high school's name, "Olentangy Orange High School". You might have to select the school's name from a drop down menu after that.
3. On the next screen, you'll see different Balfour products. Click on the yearbook icon.
4. Select the yearbook option that is associated with your child's grade, ether 9-11 or the senior yearbook option. *Important: Senior parents must select the senior option and pay the extra $10 to have the book shipped home when it comes out in fall 2019. This mandatory add-on ensures your child will receive the book without picking it up at the high school.
5. Enter the quantity of yearbooks and the ship-to-home add-on if you wish (for the grades 9-11 option), and add products to cart to check out with a credit card.
If you have questions, please contact adviser Kari Phillips at the high school.
Seniors - Did you not get your free yearbook portrait taken during the summer or September dates when HR Imaging was at the school? Well, your last opportunity to have your senior portrait in the yearbook is approaching quickly. Root Studios will be here on Friday, Jan. 11 to take any remaining senior portraits during lunches that day. That is your absolute last chance to have your portrait featured in the yearbook! The yearbook portrait requires a different attire and backdrop from a school picture. You will not be pictured if you do not sit for this photo. The required dress is: a collared dress shirt for boys and girls should wear dress clothes with sleeves at least elbow length and avoid any low necklines. If you have questions, see Mrs. Phillips in room 2222.
Broadcast News Teacher: Brian Nicola
Broadcast journalism students produce daily news viewed by the students each day at the start of 2nd period. Here is the link to the OOHS Juice Student News on Youtube.