Olentangy How to:
myOLSD: Login and Browsers
This FAQ provides information on:
- myOLSD staff and student access
- Browser instructions
myOLSD is a secure website that provides staff and students access to District provided systems and tools. After logging in, users can access:
- Google Drive
- Discovery Education
- BrainPop (elementary & middle school only)
Logging in to myOLSD
- Access myOLSD at: http://my.olsd.us
- This link can also be found on the Olentangy District website at: https://www.olentangy.k12.oh.us
- Students can click on For Students, then Student Resources
Bookmarking Your link
- Once you navigate to myOLSD you may want to bookmark it in your favorite browser. If you previously book marked it, you could encounter an error, see example. If this happens:
- Click Continue to website or a similar message depending on the browser you are using.
District provided computers may have several browsers available for use:
- Google Chrome (recommended!)
- Internet Explorer
While there may be multiple browsers available on Olentangy devices and your home computer, not all browsers work flawlessly with every application. Google Chrome is recommended for Olentangy applications. If Google Chrome is not available, Firefox will work as well.
Note: Be sure that the pop-up blocker is turned off in your browser settings.
Overcoming issues with other Browsers
When using Safari, you could encounter an error. See example below. To bypass the error:
- Click “Cancel”
- You will be be logged in to myOLSD
When using Internet Explorer the login box is different. You will need to use the following username:
- @olentangy.k12.oh.us must be included with the username to login using Internet Explorer when logging into myOLSD. In the example above, the student’s full username is email@example.com.
While there are mobile device ClassLink apps, we do not recommend using them at this time. Technology is in the process of creating our own mobile apps that work specifically with myOLSD.