No outside organization or staff member or student representing an outside organization may distribute or post literature on that organization’s behalf on District property either during or after school hours without the permission and prior review of the Superintendent or designee.
The Superintendent shall establish administrative guidelines which ensure that:
1. Criteria established in Policy 5722 – Student Publications and Productions – are used to make a decision regarding materials that students seek to post or distribute;
2. Distribution or posting of materials employees wish to distribute on behalf of an employee organization comply with the terms of negotiated collective bargaining agreements;
3. The District or the school mail system is not used by the community, students or staff for distribution of non-school related materials, unless authorized by the Superintendent and/or their designee;
4. No materials from any profit-making organization will be distributed for students to take home to their parents, unless authorized by the Superintendent and/or their designee;
5. Flyers and notices from outside non-profit organizations, district support organizations or district staff members may be made available via the Peachjar flyer service, under the following circumstances:
A. The flyer/notice publicizes a specific community activity or event that is age-appropriate for the students that attend the school;
B. If the event or activity is religious in nature, the flyer may not contain a proselytizing message (i.e., promote the benefits of the specific religion);
D. The flyer contains the statement: “This activity is not sponsored by Olentangy Local Schools.”
E. The organization shows the District its 501(C)(3) or other proof of non-profit status;6. The time, place, and manner of distribution of all non school related materials is clearly established and communicated. Approved requests shall be posted online for a period of 30 days, at which time the flyer will be removed from the website and additional postings will require a new request.