- The Olentangy Orange High School (OOHS) student thespians visited Orange Township Hall recently to entertain members of a local senior citizen group. The students performed a scene from their fall play, Arabian Nights, for members of the Olentangy Area Seniors Nov. 13 during a visit to the hall, 1680 E. Orange Road. The actors brought scenes and costumes to perform an act from their play as entertainment for the senior group following thier regular meeting and luncheon. Performances such as these allow students engaged in the dramatic and theatrical arts to connect to other disciplines and groups.
Eight Olentangy students have qualified as Semifinalists in the 2014 National Merit Scholarship Program, giving them a chance to compete for approximately 8,000 scholarships worth about $35 million that will be offered next spring.
Parent teacher conferences will take place on Thursday, October 3 and Wednesday, October 9 from 4:00 p.m. – 7:30 p.m. Conferences are scheduled in twenty-minute time slots, with the last conference starting at 7:00 p.m. Please read the instructions below BEFORE you start scheduling. You can begin scheduling conferences online today by clicking
1) Select Orange High School.
If the message “Record in Use” appears this means another person is also trying to access the scheduling information, please try again. This may take a number of attempts. Please be patient.
2) Next select the teacher you would like to conference with. Click the box for a drop down list of teachers. Choose the teacher you would like to have a conference with. Click continue. The list of available conference days and times will be shown. Click the square of the date and time you would like to meet with this teacher. You will then be prompted to fill in your information to reserve the time slot. CLICK CONFIRM.
3) A “Thank you” screen will appear. PLEASE PRINT THIS SCREEN AS YOUR CONFIRMATION. You will need to do this for each conference you schedule.
4) If you need to schedule another conference, click the “Start Over” button, and repeat the process for another teacher. If you are finished choose the “Exit” button.
Students from the Olentangy Orange High School (OOHS) Interact/Service Club were inducted into office during a special June 12 ceremony sponsored by the Lewis Center/Polaris Rotary. The ceremony was held at the Northpointe Conference Center.
Rotary International District 6690 Governor Bart Mahoney helped oversee the installation of the Interact Club officers. Special recognition was given to the student organization for its outstanding financial support of the Polio Plus Fund. The students donated $3,000.00 to help eradicate polio. In addition, the Interact Club conducted a year-long educational campaign about the effects and prevention of polio.
The purpose of the OOHS Interact Club is to help it’s 400 members develop character, responsibility, and the skills necessary to become productive, contributing citizens by providing opportunities for members to help those in need in our school, community and world. Interact members volunteer their time to such organizations as: The Council for Older Adults, The Delaware County Humane Society, Relay for Life, local places of worship, area schools,non-profit community groups and organizations.
Congratulations to the following student athletes who recently signed letters of intent to participate in college athletics.
From Olentangy High School:
- Seth C.: Ohio Wesleyan University, basketball
- Natalie G.: The Ohio State University, rowing
- Jamie R.: Lake Erie College, volleyball
- Kasia W.: Urbana University, volleyball
From Olentangy Liberty High School:
- Eileen B.: University of Tampa, lacrosse
- Nick N.: College of Wooster, basketball
- Jim P.: Williams College, cross country
- Alex R.: Ohio Northern University, basketball
- Jake R.: Baldwin Wallace, lacrosse
- Shane R.: Baldwin Wallace, lacrosse
- Bo S.: Cedarville University, basketball
- Robert S.: University of Toledo, football
- Bryson W.: Otterbein College, football
From Olentangy Orange High School:
- Katelyn D.: Michigan State University, track
- Grace F.: St. Francis, lacrosse
- Brady H.: Valparaiso University, baseball
- Maria N.: Walsh University, lacrosse
- Jamie P.: Wittenberg University, softball
- Triston R.: Eastern Michigan University, track
- Mason R.: Murray State University, softball
- Paul T.: Gardner Webb University, baseball