Olentangy’s three high schools will post summer sports camps announcements for students – all grades – in this space as each new activity is added. Check back often for new postings!
Click here for summer sports camps for students in the Olentangy High School attendance area. This site will be updated as new events become available.
Click here - Summer sports camps for students in the Olentangy Liberty High School attendance area. This site will be updated as new events become available.
Click here -Summer sports camps for students in the Olentangy Orange High School attendance area. This site will be updated as new events become available.
Registration for Summer Semester has now begun. See the course guide for more information and use the link below to register. Summer School Registration closes June 1st.
Summer 2014 Course Guide Download
>> Summer 2014 Course Guide as an e-Flipbook
>> Link to Registration for Summer Semester
2014 yearbook sales have started! Go to www.smart-pay.com to order online or see the link below to download the order form and send payment to the address on the form
Parent teacher conferences will take place on Tuesday, February 25 and Thursday, March 6 from 4:00 p.m. – 7:30 p.m. Conferences are scheduled in twenty-minute time slots, with the last conference starting at 7:00 p.m. Please read the instructions below BEFORE you start scheduling. You can begin scheduling conferences online today by clicking HERE.
1) Select Orange High School. If the message “Record in Use” appears this means another person is also trying to access the scheduling information, please try again. This may take a number of attempts. Please be patient.
2) Next select the teacher you would like to conference with. Click the box for a drop down list of teachers. Choose the teacher you would like to have a conference with. Click continue. The list of available conference days and times will be shown. Click the square of the date and time you would like to meet with this teacher. You will then be prompted to fill in your information to reserve the time slot. CLICK CONFIRM.
3) A “Thank you” screen will appear. PLEASE PRINT THIS SCREEN AS YOUR CONFIRMATION. You will need to do this for each conference you schedule.
4) If you need to schedule another conference, click the “Start Over” button, and repeat the process for another teacher. If you are finished choose the “Exit” button.
Spelling Bee at GOES
Olentangy Local Schools is pleased to announce the building winners of the district-wide oral spelling bee administered to students in December. Of these winners, seven of the top scoring students will be moving on to participate in the regional Ohio University’s Scripps College of Communication Columbus Metro Regional Spelling Bee to be held March 22, 2014 in Athens, Ohio. Only 50 winners from the state of Ohio will move on to the competition in Athens. Olentangy is proud to claim seven! *indicates regional bee participant
Spelling Bee at HES
- Aryan S., – Alum Creek Elementary
- Jackson D., – Arrowhead Elementary
- Ellie F. – Cheshire Elementary
- Catherine W., – Freedom Trail Elementary
- Marjorie P., – Glen Oak Elementary
- Benjamin G., – Heritage Elementary
- Vanessa W., – Indian Springs Elementary
- Livia Z., – Johnnycake Corners Elementary
- Sindhu S., – Liberty Tree Elementary
- Akshat S., – Oak Creek Elementary
- Alexis W., – Olentangy Meadows Elementary
- Mia P., – Scioto Ridge Elementary
- Noah M., – Tyler Run Elementary
- Mitchell L., – Walnut Creek Elementary
- Adam R., – Wyandot Run Elementary
- Hayden T., – Olentangy Berkshire Middle School
- Sonam R., Olentangy Hyatts Middle School
- Meileen W., – Olentangy Liberty Middle School
- Lindsay B., – Olentangy Orange Middle School
- Joshua G., – Olentangy Shanahan Middle School
You are invited to join the Olentangy Education Foundation (OEF) in celebrating the “Spirit of Olentangy,” an evening of fun with a purpose, featuring live entertainment, game tables, good food and more. The celebration kicks off at 7:30 p.m. March 8 at the Shops at Worthington Place, 7227 N. High St.
In addition to being a fun evening, the “Spirit of Olentangy” Community Night helps to raise funds for student scholarships and teacher grants awarded by the OEF. In 2013 alone, more than $50,000 in teacher grants and scholarships were awarded as a result of your continued support. Since 2001, the total amount awarded by OEF is over $500,000. This event is one of the primary funding mechanisms for these programs.
OEF is an independent, non-profit organization of volunteer community members who raise funds to award teacher grants for innovative educational programs that are not funded by the school system’s budget, and scholarships for graduating seniors.
- Music form the Columbus Horns
- Beverages available for purchase
- Game Tables
- Live & Silent Auctions
- Door Prize Drawings & Prize Drawings for Casino Winnings
- Designer Purse Bingo
For further details, including registration and sponsorship opportunities, visit the OEF website at http://olentangyeducationfoundation.org/.