When: Tuesday, October 9 at 6 p.m.
Where: Delaware Area Career Center, 4565 Columbus Pike in Delaware
Agenda and Exhibits
- First reading of the Five-Year Forecast (Exhibit A) – Treasurer Rebecca Jenkins will present an update to the district’s five-year financial forecast, a document which outlines the expected revenues and expenditures for the district through Fiscal Year 2017. Ms. Jenkins will also address the assumptions upon which the forecast is based.
- Delaware Area Career Center update – Two Olentangy students who utilize DACC programs will join Superintendent Mary Beth Freeman for an update on the facility and its offerings.
- First reading of board policy updates (Exhibit B) – Assistant Superintendent Linda Martin will discuss draft policy updates in areas including facilities use, capital improvements, technology and transportation. This set of policies will conclude the overall review and update of all district policies – a process which began more than 18 months ago and would not have been possible without the dedication of the volunteers on the policy committee.
- Professional development update – Director of Curriculum and Instruction Jack Fette will provide an overview of the continuing education opportunities provided by Olentangy Local Schools, including the New Teacher Network (NTN) and courses offered through the Olentangy Professional Development Academy (OPDA). Offering in-house professional development allows the district to use funds efficiently and tailor offerings specifically to the district’s needs.
- Report to Powell Zoning Commission – Officials in Powell and Liberty Township are considering proposals for new developments. Business Manager Jeff Gordon will share the information he has provided those officials on how these changing housing trends could impact the district.
- Central Ohio Compact (Exhibit C) – Superintendent Wade Lucas, Ed.D., will present the Central Ohio Compact, a document that outlines a partnership between central Ohio colleges, school district and other education organziations in support of regional strategy to improve college preparation, expand postsecondary participation and create a highly skilled and adaptive workforce.
Click here for more information on the Olentangy Board of Education.