Students at Indian Springs Elementary School created this special video to help kick off the school’s second annual Pennies for Patients campaign. For a three-week period, students donate spare change for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society in tribute to a classmate. This year’s campaign runs through March 14.
Student athletes at both Olentangy High School and Olentangy Liberty High School observed National Signing Day in February with a public event sponsored by each of the school’s athletic departments. Olentangy Orange High School held its signing day April 16, and an additional signing was held May 2 at Olentangy High School. A large crowd was present at all of the schools on all occasions to watch the student athletes commit to their respective colleges and universities. Congratulations to the Brave, Patriot and PIoneer athletes as they prepare for the next phase of their athletic and educational careers.
OLHS student athletes pose for photos with their letters of intent.
Another group of OLHS student athletes pose for photos with their letters of intent.
OHS student athletes pose for a photo during the schools signing day event.
OHS Athletic Director Jay Wolfe introduces the student athletes to the crowd of prowd parents, friends and relatives.
From Olentangy Liberty High School (OLHS)
- Chase B., Cross Country/Track – Ferris State University
- Julia B., Soccer – Miami University (Ohio)
- Luke C., Football – University of Cincinnati
- Devin C., Soccer – Wright State University
- Andrew J., Cross Country – Air Force Academy
- Eric L., Football – Mercyhurst University
- Rachel M., Golf – Wittenburg University
- Nicholas N., Baseball – Marshall University
- Sydney O., Soccer – College of Saint Rose
- Treasa O., Rowing – University of Notre Dame
- Taylor S., Soccer – Indiana Wesleyan University
- Cameron S., Lacrosse – University of Mt. Union
- Skylar T., Football – University of Cincinnati
- Melissa V., Basketball – Capital University
- Joshua W., Cross Country – Arkansas State University
From Olentangy High School (OHS)
- Ganiru A., Volleyball – Case Western Reserve University
- Donal B., Baseball – Walsh University
- Marinice B., Track – Georgia Tech
- Austin B., Lacrosse – Seton Hill University
- Chase B. – Cross Country/Track – Ferris State University
- Bailey B., Soccer – Ohio Wesleyan University
- Chase C., Football – Tiffin University
- Nick E., Baseball - Otterbein University
- Jonah G., Lacrosse – Seton Hill University
- Colleen M., Diving – Princeton University
- Adam M., Soccer – Mt. Vernon Nazarene
- Donovan M., Soccer – Tiffin University
- Cole P., Lacrosse – Capital University
- Emily P., Lacrosse – Alderson Broaddus College
- Cody P., Wrestling – Baldwin Wallace University
- Andy S., Football – Colgate University
- Rachel S., Volleyball – Concord University
- Hailey W., Softball – California University (PA)
From Olentangy Orange High School
- Emily B., Soccer – Gardner Webb University
- Emylee B., Volleyball – Salem International University (W. Va.)
- Rebecca K., Lacrosse – St. Francis University (PA)
- Stephanie L., Soccer – Queens University (PA)
- Sofie L., Soccer – Ashland University
- Anna S., Tennis – Ohio State University
Students at Olentangy Liberty Middle School are learning what it’s like to work as a firefighter, dentist, veterinarian, and a news anchor by hearing first-hand from professionals in those fields.
Olentangy Liberty Middle School’s first-ever Career Day, being held through February 13, features guest speakers discussing what a typical workday is like for them. The format, which resembles a talk show with both a host and a guest, allows students to ask the professionals how they got into their chosen fields and what classes they took to get there.
Career Day kicked off February 3 with Dr. Debbie Heidrich from Best Friends Veterinary Hospital and motivational speaker John Petz. Other guests include Liberty Township Fire Captain James Reardon, Ryan Miller of M2 Marketing and co-founder of Second and Seven Foundation, orthodontist Dr. Larry Hutta, Channel 10 news anchor Tracy Townsend, Ron Stokes, president of Three Leaf Productions and radio analyst for OSU basketball.
The event will conclude February 13 with a presentation from Lindsay Lake, assistant director of admissions for Otterbein University, and Jennifer Markovich, admissions counselor with The Ohio State University.
Dr. Larry Hutta, of Hutta Orthodontics, describes what it’s like to be a dentist while speaking to students participating in Olentangy Liberty Middle School’s Career Days. The event allowed students to hear from various professionals in different career fields. Guest speakers included a Liberty Township firefighter, a veterinarian, and a news anchor. The students also heard from college admission counselors.