Summer Enrichment Opportunities in Olentangy and Central Ohio
Listed below are links, flyers, and information about enrichment opportunities in Olentangy and Central Ohio. While some of the events listed are district activities, others are not sponsored or supported by Olentangy Schools. This link is meant to serve an informational purpose, not as an endorsement or promotion of specific outside organizations.
- 2014 Wesleyan Summer Gifted Program - Since the first camp in 1983, the Wesleyan Summer Gifted Program has been committed to fostering the development of gifted adolescents in the quantitative, verbal and social areas. The teachers are all college professors who possess a special interest in gifted education. Classes are challenging, yet fun. Creativity is emphasized and channeled both directly and indirectly. Dates for 2014 are Sunday, June 15 through Saturday, June 28. View additional information and register online at West Virginia Wesleyan College Summer Gifted Program.
- Lego Robotics Camp – At Lego Robot Camps, students design, build and program Lego robots to solve specific challenges. Lego Robotics is both structured and creative, and students of all ages are able to quickly engage and gain confidence through hands-on activities. View additional information and register online at Lego Robot Camp.
- Air Camp is hosting three, one-week camp sessions this summer: June 22-27, July 6-11, and July 13-18. This opportunity is available to current 6th, 7th or 8th grade students. Students will experience the thrill of flight and study the science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) of aviation and aeronautics. For complete details visit the Air Camp Web site.
- Stanford Pre-Collegiate Studies is offering summer programs designed to enrich and enhance the educational experience of secondary and pre-secondary students. For a complete list of programs and detailed information, visit the Stanford Pre-Collegiate Studies Web site.
- Clemson Summer Scholars – Clemson University Summer Scholars is offering fun and educational residential programs in June, July, and August for students entering 7th through 12th grade in the fall. Program offerings range from Engineering and Biology to Explorations in Architecture and Functional Design. To find out more about the diverse program offerings, visit the CU Summer Scholars Web site or view the Clemson University Summer Scholars flyer.
- TechCorps is hosting two summer learning opportunities. Techie Camp is designed to engage elementary and middle school students in hands-on, interactive STEM-related activities. Student WEB CORPS provides high school students with a suite of Web development, project management, and professionalism skills. Additional information and registration details are available at TechCorps.
- You Art to Know - Columbus College of Art & Design is again opening its professional studios to the community for area students to develop their creative talents and for high school students to explore careers in the art and design fields. For registration and scholarship details, view the You Art to Know flyer.
- iD Tech is hosting summer weeklong, day, or overnight camps for students interested in technology enrichment or careers. Visit their website at www.iDTech.com for more information about their programs.
- Camp Invention is coming to Olentangy Schools July 14 – 18. For additional information, view the Camp Invention flyer or contact Julie McDonough at Walnut Creek Elementary.
- Ohio State has a longstanding tradition of offering Buckeyes of all ages and abilities vibrant summer experiences. From active sports camps to hands-on educational experiences, there is something for everyone. The university’s P12 Initiative offers an Ohio State 2014 Summer Camp Guide to help families find the best type of camp for the their children. Also included are programs that help pre-college students transition smoothly to a university setting.
- Classroom Antics has posted Summer Enrichment Camps. Please visit the site for more details. Classroom Antics Flyer