Enrichment Opportunities in Olentangy and Central Ohio
Listed below are links, flyers, and information about enrichment opportunities in Olentangy and Central Ohio. While some of the events listed are district activities, others are not sponsored or supported by Olentangy Schools. This link is meant to serve an informational purpose, not as an endorsement or promotion of specific outside organizations.
- Orange Library Chess Club- The next Orange Chess Club meeting with be Sunday, January 11th from 2:00-4:00pm. The Orange Chess Club is sponsored by the Central Ohio Youth Chess Federation (COYCF). There are no membership fees and participation is on a first come, first serve basis. Your child should be able to read and remember basic rules of chess, i.e. how the pieces move and capture. For additional details, dates, tournaments, and contact information, click the flyer, 2015 Chess Club Dates.
- Robot Academy – At Lego Robot Camp, students will learn how to design, build, and program working robots using the Lego Mindstorms NXT robotics kit. At the conclusion of the camp, students will use new-found skills to create a robot that will compete against other robots in a “Sumo Robot” competition. For additional details and camp dates, visit the Robot Academy Web site.
- Young Scholars Program Now Accepting Applications – The Jack Kent Cooke Foundation College Scholarship Program is an undergraduate scholarship program available to high-achieving high school seniors with financial need who seek to attend and graduate from the nation’s best four-year colleges and universities. Selected from a nationwide pool of applicants, up to 40 students will become Jack Kent Cooke Scholars and have access to funding for up to four years for undergraduate studies.
- Enrich Columbus – Enrich Columbus is a local organization that keeps families connected about upcoming enrichment activities for your children via their once-a-month e-mail newsletter sharing upcoming events. View additional details on the Enrich Columbus Web site.
- Tips for the College Bound is a free, interactive program for parents and students to attend together. It is a collection of resources and ideas to consider at they navigate the road ahead. Tips for the College Bound